The Ring Seals the Deal
So you would like to get married to the person you love. This seems like it should be simple, but many people can experience anxiety once they start to put the plan into motion. The biggest question is the proposal – should you propose with a ring or pick it out together, will it be a surprise, where is it going to be, and what is the right time? The Steve Elliot Marketing Research agency has conducted a survey of marriage proposals to individuals contemplating, engaged, or newlywed to help you answer some of your questions. The survey has found that:
- 80% of people say that they consider what makes the engagement official is the ring. As Beyonce’s popular hit song “Single Ladies” illustrates, if you like it you better put a ring on it!
- 2 out of 3 men say that they were open to wearing an engagement ring themselves. In our modern gender-equality age, men want to express and show off their engagement status too.
- 30% of women and 40% of men believe it is fine for the woman to be the one to pop the question.
On the proposal itself:
- More men than women believe that the marriage proposal needs to be a surprise
- Over 50% of respondents will accept an electronic proposal
- Almost 75% stated their ideal proposal would take place during a quiet, intimate dinner for two
- 2 out of 3 people said they would allow their proposal to be recorded and posted on a social video website, and 1 out of 10 say they would even use the website to propose!
All in all, these statistics may help you keep an open mind about the options available, but in the end you are the one who should know your significant other the best. The proposal is a special once-in-a-lifetime experience that will be remembered and retold, so you should make it count! At Secret Sapphire Luxury Jewelry, we know you will put a lot of thought behind your proposal, and the engagement ring will be no exception. You can browse our selection of Hearts on Fire diamond rings, or sit down with Monica to discuss custom design options in our boutique.
Posted by Annie | 0 comments